Touristic Website Promotion
What should you actually start with when doing website promotion in search engines? It should seem that a standard set of actions required: internal and external optimization. But touristic website promotion requires specific approach.
Primary specific feature that may be observed is seasonality: in summer – beach, in winter – mountain skiing, spring-autumn – guided tours. For promotion with appropriate key words usage you should take time to think for 3 month minimum before starting. I have already written how important touristic website design and usability are.
Internal optimization of touristic website
2. Filling website with unique content. Except standard offers for different tours and excursions, information concerning country study, hotels, resorts, weather in different corners of the world, you’ll also require similar materials, articles concerning tourism.
- Sights catalog (of promoted country),
- Historic personalities and/or events list related with main materials,
- Cyclic events calendar (festivals, fairs). It’s a useful thing by the way. Firstly having right cooperation with festival organizers you may send tourists there, secondly if the website is very respected you may discuss informational sponsorship thus increasing brand recognition,
- “Did you happen to know?” section,
- Tips for tourists,
- Excursions, advertising tours feedbacks,
- Phrase book for tourists (It isn’t necessary but one should have minimum word list of words for foreigners. Make original phrase books for every region of 1 country),
- Tourist glossary,
- Author’s news in touristic sphere (minimum of what is going on in your city, maximum of RSS export to Google.News).
Great space for copywriter activity.
3. Internal relinking with right anchors
4. Promotion using photos. One should post original photos and make a description for them. As an alternative geocoding can be used for promotion.
External optimization of touristic website
- Google places registration,
- General white catalogs registration, www.dmoz.org,
- Subject catalogs registration (tourism, recreation, excursions, historical communities, scouts),
- Advertisement boards registration. Rendered services may also be placed there.
- News related promotion of the website. News related motives generation and online media press-releases placement. (For example company anniversary; branch office, new website opening and other),
- Job-promotion. Your company registration as advertiser and placement of advertisements with job opportunities. This is especially important for tourism because guides, non-staff workers, interpreters and other specialists are constantly required,
- Contents and links exchange with theme-based blogs and web sites.
Some words more about touristic website promotion opportunities
Those who are familiar with operational management know how important it is to visualize rendered services to gain client’s trust. In service sector offices tend to have author’s design, candies/biscuits for visitors, TVs and magazines on the tables, where you will be given a cup of aromatic coffee. Touristic website is not an exception. Services have to be visualized as much as possible to increase company’s prestige and make it more trusted for the clients. For this purpose:
- beautiful photo galleries have to be made,
- in “About company” section office’s and company’s employees photos have to be placed (everybody knows that mostly female staff works in this sphere, isn’t that the reason to attract a client?).
One more thing. Corporate blog will also be a good opportunity.